Unity Game Developer
SMG Studio is looking for an experienced Unity game developer that wants to make awesome games across multiple platforms.
You must have already made a game to be considered. Ideally they have already been published to the app stores.
If you are mid, junior or a recent grad please see our other job ad.
You'll work as a team on larger game projects and help deliver projects to completion.
Our games: No Way Home, Moving Out, Fast and Furious Takedown, Thumb Drift, OTTTD, One More Line, One More Dash, RISK & Death Squared.
Our Showreel or go behind the scenes of the studio.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile IP as well as original IP.
- Demonstrated mastery of C# (Unity3D) with strong coding standards
- A rich understanding of game design principles and player experience
- Experience with GPU programming / shaders (targeting mobile devices)
- Ability to work in a team and develop re-usable commented code
- Experience in SVN and GIT version-control software
- Experience in cross-platform (Android & IOS) development
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling / lighting / UV-mapping / texturing
- Able to work in-house in our Sydney studio (we can help with accommodation in SYD)
What we're looking for:
- A keen eye for polish, detail and performance
- A passion for focused game design / innovative ideas
- A team-player looking to collaborate and share
- Ambitious use and embrace of new technologies
- A passion for constantly making things better and mastering your craft
We're a tight and experienced team from all around the world from Russia, Brazil, France, Italy, UK, Germany and even NZ!
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years
- Increased paid primary carer's leave from 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Superannuation is paid on any unpaid leave (up to 52 weeks)
- Increased paid secondary carer's leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks
- Learning workshops across a variety of topics (Project Management, Resilience & Stress Management and Time Management)
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- One day a year paid charity volunteer day (One Day for Change)
- Employees can apply for seven short winter/summer days per year
- Free counselling . Employee Assistance Program, 24 hours | 7 days.
- Health insurance discounts from Medibank Private
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Vehicle discounts. Discounts from BMW, Mini, Jaguar, Land Rover and Holden
- Novated lease available for new cars
- Qantas Club discounts
If you're on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, want to work with like minded people then let's talk.
Please send through samples of your work so we can play (ideally with videos to preview)
Applications without games to play test/watch will be ignored.
A few tips to help make your application stronger:
- No google drive/zips to download
- Working games to play/see is a priority
- Code samples will be requested if you make the shortlist
- With limited time to review please keep it short and snappy
People from diverse backgrounds or those from under-represented groups encouraged to apply.