(Closed) Junior/Mid 3D Modeller for games
SMG Studio is looking for talented and experienced 3D modeller to join our Unity3D game development team in Sydney, Australia.
Our games: [Unannounced New IP], Moving Out, Fast and Furious Takedown, Thumb Drift, OTTTD, One More Line, One More Dash, RISK & Death Squared.
Our Showreel or go behind the scenes of the studio.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile entertainment IP as well as our original IP.
We're looking for someone with right skills and a good attitude to come in and make kick ass games with us.
What you will do:
- Create environments and characters suitable for use in Unity3D mobile games
- Work on high-profile IP as well as original IP.
- Manage yourself independently, working effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain and strive for the highest production quality possible.
- Work with Leads and Producers throughout projects, communicating regularly.
- Good knowledge of a 3D program, 3DMax or Maya
- Ability to create 3D models from concept art or reference imagery
- A strong artistic ability and designers eye
- A mind for minimising textures for use in game engines
- Experience with UV Unwrapping
- A love of Low poly modelling
- Solid working knowledge of Photoshop
- Familiarity with the Unity for bringing in 3D models
- Ability to optimise 3D models and work to a poly budget
- Game modelling experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with version control platforms ( GIT )
- Car Game experience a huge plus
Non Technical Skills:
- Great work ethics, and a problem solving can do attitude.
- Exceptional English, written and verbal.
- Confidence & capability to communicate ideas, solutions & issues in a fast paced team.
- Diligent and respectful.
- Good time estimation of effort.
- No egos please.
- A passion for constantly making things better and mastering your craft.
We're a tight and experienced team from all around the world from Russian, Brazil, France, Italy, UK, Germany and even NZ!
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks annual leave after 2 years
- Increased paid primary carer's leave from 12 weeks to 16 weeks
- Superannuation is paid on any unpaid leave (up to 52 weeks)
- Increased paid secondary carer's leave from 2 weeks to 4 weeks
- Learning workshops across a variety of topics (Project Management, Resilience & Stress Management and Time Management)
- Flexibility to work from home on a regular basis
- One day a year paid charity volunteer day (One Day for Change)
- Employees can apply for seven short winter/summer days per year
- Free counselling . Employee Assistance Program, 24 hours | 7 days.
- Health insurance discounts from Medibank Private
- Vehicle discounts. Discounts from BMW, Mini, Jaguar, Land Rover and Holden
- Novated lease available for new cars
- Qantas Club discounts
If you're looking for the next step in your career, care about your work, then let's talk.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATION WITHOUT A VISUAL PORTFOLIO & EXAMPLES