Senior Technical Artist
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us on our website or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform.
As a Senior Technical Artist, will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints. He or she will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to create world-class games. .
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Establish consistent and optimal best practices
- Consistently push content creation to maximum potential
- Create tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to improve studio tools and pipelines.
- Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out buy-in from the team regarding implementation strategy
- Advanced understanding of one or more commercially available real-time engines (e.g. UE4, Unity, CryEngine).
- Artistic eye with advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art
- Advanced understanding of modern DCC tools
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish on multiple platforms (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.)
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
- Proficiency with Python, HLSL,GLSL
- C++ experience or Computer Science degree
- Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
- Blueprint or asset scripting abilities.
- Has trained or mentored others.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.