Senior Systems Designer
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision.
As a Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer, you will be an owner and leader of features on the multiplayer systems team. You will own major multiplayer systems utilizing data-driven methods to determine changes or improvements to the game. While partnering with the lead multiplayer designer, you will help set high quality standards and expectations across the team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead design team by example and pursuit of excellence.
- Work with the lead designer to set standards and expectations within the design team.
- Own major design systems within the game.
- Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the design team.
- Actively debate design concepts, systems and mechanics with the design team.
- Implement designs and concepts using in-house tools within time frames provided.
- Work with artists, engineers, animators and audio experts to bring designs to life.
- Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics and design goals.
- Refine gameplay above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
- 5+ years of experience designing games.
- 5+ years of programming/scripting experience - C++, C#, Lua or other languages.
- Previous experience working on a multiplayer FPS title as a systems designer
- Passion for games and fun interactive gameplay
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.