Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision.
As a Talent Professional (Recruiter) supporting the Sledgehammer Games Studio you will be responsible for full life-cycle recruiting. We know that it take great talent to make great games, so we’re always on the hunt for Talent Professionals that demonstrate enthusiasm for our industry, a passion for our people, and the drive to support our business on the path to success. Our Talent Professionals build trust and credibility with the business and act as consultants in order to hire the right people for our open roles.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting process for game development roles including Engineers, Artists and Game Designers and more.
- Partnering with recruitment coordinators and talent sourcers to find, attract, assess, and hire for all open roles.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their team’s talent needs, develop a tailored sourcing strategy, and advise on how to assess and hire top talent
- Source and build pipelines of qualified candidates using all available systems and tools
- Serve up a high-touch candidate experience from first outreach through a new hire’s first 90 days with timely communication and a diligent follow-through
- Faciliate interview process, hiring decisions, and offer negotiations
- Partner with HR to support new hire onboarding tasks including employment contracts, visa documentation, orientation, onboarding paperwork and other related projects.
- Help ensure recruiting data integrity by utilizing our ATS (Workday Recruit) in an optimal way
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision-making with partners
- Partner with University Relations, Kaleidocope, and Executive Recruiting as needed
- Work with SMEs in systems, assessment, analytics, talent attraction, and talent planning to level up your broader skills and knowledgebase
- Be a proactive ambassador and aly, for diversity, equity, inclusion.
- 4+ years or more, as a full life-cycle recruiter, including proactive sourcing
- 2+ years of in-house recruiting experience
- Experience managing multiple searches and client relationships
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems, CRMs, and internet sourcing tools
- Strong communication and influencing skills across all levels of an organization
- Well organized with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Team player with a can do attitude!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years or more, Recruiting experience working withing either the Gaming or Entertainment Industry
- Proficency with Workday Recruit
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.