Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision.
As a Production Coordinator you will assist our teams in achieving our quality and creative goals for our next game. The Production Coordinator will work closely with our Development Managers and Development Directors to maintain milestone schedules, track feature and content status, and communicate team progress to the rest of the studio. The Production Coordinator will gain insight into our AAA game production processes and play a key role in facilitating those processes to provide our teams with what they need to excel.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on support to our development teams such as organizing playtests, taking notes, updating schedules, and sending out studio-wide communications to report team progress.
- Assist in task and bug tracking and management through our internal tools.
- Facilitate communication across our development teams and external partners.
- Find opportunities to help your team focus on doing what they do best.
- Help make our games better by participating in internal playtests and communicating feedback to the relevant stakeholders.
- 0 – 2 years of experience in game, film, or technology development
- Desire to pursue a career in game production.
- General understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. scheduling, tracking, reporting).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with a variety of project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, Microsoft Project experience is a plus).
- Took on a role as Producer / Project Manager for a creative project (e.g. school project, indie game, film, commercial, etc.).
- Knowledge of specific project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially FPS games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.