Multiplayer Technical Designer
As a Technical Multiplayer Designer, you have one of the most important roles on the team – design fun game modes and new ways of playing! You will own the creation of new content and features from end-to-end, prototyping, iterating, implementing, and tweaking throughout the process. Being a more technically-focused role, you will use your programming and scripting skills to build brand new game modes from scratch.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Utilize the game content, tools, and engine to create a brand-new player experience that you own from start to finish.
- Conceptualize, pitch and iterate on designs with the design team.
- Actively debate design concepts, systems and mechanics with the design team.
- Build technical expertise with all game tools and the engine concepts. To take a concept through all pipelines on your own.
- Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics and design goals.
- Refine gameplay above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
- 3+ years of experience designing games
- 3+ years of programming/scripting experience - C++, C#, Lua or other languages.
- Passion for Games, ideally First-Person Shooters
- Mental flexibility
- Mental fortitude
- Enjoy challenges and creative problem solving
- Modding experience (examples and portfolio pieces are highly encouraged)
- Have created a playable game in software by yourself
- Prior experience as a technical designer on a shipped AAA title
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.