Campaign Systems Designer
As a Mid-level Single Player System Designer, you will create cutting edge system designs for our Single Player/Campaign team. We're looking for top talent with strong experience in level design on AAA titles.
Sledgehammer Games has developed numerous award-winning games, including Call of Duty: WWII, Advanced Warfare, and Modern Warfare 3. We have a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design and own AI behaviors, weapon tuning, vehicle setup/tuning, and global player mechanics for the campaign experience.
- Collaborate with animators and engineers of the systems team to implement game mechanics.
- Create and maintain documentation of core campaign features.
- Research the game's subject matter.
- Interface often with the Level Design team to ensure features shine within levels and systems are well understood.
- Help define metrics and champion best practices for the Level Design team.
- Review level content regularly to ensure systems reach their highest potential.
- Prioritize effectively and meet deadlines; communicate progress with the Lead System Designer well and frequently.
- Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics, and design goals.
- Serious passion for Shooters, Console or PC.
- Strong creative and technical design skills.
- 3+ years professional design experience.
- 3+ years of programming/scripting experience – C++, C#, Lua or other languages
- Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.