(Closed) Associate Level Designer
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia were the videogame development team behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, were focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, weve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and were looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
As an Associate Single-Player Level Designer, you will create cutting edge level designs for our Single player/Campaign team. We're looking for promising talent with experience in level design on AAA titles.
Sledgehammer Games has developed numerous award-winning games, including Call of Duty: WWII, Advanced Warfare, and Modern Warfare 3. We have a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Plan, build, and revise interesting layouts for gameplay.
- Support designing systems/mechanics from concept to completion.
- Create and iterate on the second to second experiences.
- Implement gameplay using proprietary level editor and scripting language.
- Research the game's subject matter.
- Collaborate with the Design, Art, and Engineering teams to create and refine gameplay mechanics, combat encounters, and cinematic sequences.
- Prioritize well and meet deadlines, communicate progress with the Lead Level Designer well and frequently.
- Serious passion for Shooters, Console or PC.
- Demonstrable experience creating gameplay in a 3D environment.
- Creative and technical design skills.
- Experience building believable spaces that cater to gameplay and narrative needs
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision.
- Experience in Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, or other first-person shooter level editors.
- 1+ years professional design experience.
- Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
- Programming/scripting experience in C/C++, LUA, or other languages
- Experience with 3d art packages such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Softimage|XSI.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for Every World - weve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.