As a Mid-Level Animator, you will become part of a tight-knit team that prides itself on creating in-game and cinematic animations that are complex and believable. Working with the department lead, you will receive shot assignments or animation tasks that contribute to furthering understanding of character and/or action and advance the emotional and gameplay goals of the project. Completing your work will require you to build relationships with many production disciplines, such as Design, Engineering, and Environment, as you all collaborate to achieve the best visual and narrative results for each game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Use traditional animation fundamentals to craft game motions that range from stylized to hyper-realistic.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of camera animation and cinematic framing, as well as shot continuity and facial animation.
- Respond well to feedback and be willing to iterate multiple times to achieve the polish level we need to deliver AAA titles.
- Troubleshoot tool implementations and suggest workflow improvements in order to increase the efficiency and creativity of the team.
- 3+ years professional animation experience
- 1+ shipped game title credit
- Knowledge of cinematic and motion capture editing and cleanup
- Strong animation fundamentals with a focus on human movement (timing, weight, balance)
- Ability to adapt to new tools and tech
- Fluent in Maya
- Strong problem-solving skills both technical and cross-department
- Ability to mentor Junior Animators
- Ability to think philosophically about character movement
- An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a bonus.
- An interest in participating in live previs shoots to help clarify tone, choreography, and pacing for mocap actors.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.