Skydance Interactive is looking for a talented Visual Effects Artist to join our VR game development studio. Our ideal teammate is skilled at creating visual effects in Unreal Engine 4, and has a strong understanding of materials and rendering. They should have a strong artistic eye, be technically minded, and have an understanding of game design and how to communicate it with VFX.
- Create a wide range of high quality real time visual effects
- Optimize effects for performance while retaining look
- Work closely with the Art Director and concept artists to maintain visual consistency
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues
- Participate in R&D efforts to develop new techniques and improve the art pipeline
- 3+ years experience in the game industry with at least one shipped title as a VFX artist
- Proven track record of creating high quality particle effects and materials
- Proficient in UE4 and Maya or 3D Studio Max
- Experience with Unreal's Materials, Cascade, Kismet and Blueprint
- Strong demo reel or portfolio showcasing your most recent work
- Ability to work and contribute effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Creative problem solving skills for both artistic and technical needs
- Experience optimizing visual effects for game-related target platforms
- Passionate about games
- Passionate about VR, a plus
- Experience with both PC and console art creation, a plus
- Experience with Houdini, RealFlow, or other real-time particle and fluid systems, a plus
- BA, BFA or an equivalent professional certification, a plus
- Link to portfolio or demo reel required
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.