(Closed) Narrative Director
Skydance Interactive is seeking an experienced Narrative Director to conceptualize and drive the narrative vision of a complex virtual universe. The ideal candidate will have experience in VR and will demonstrate a passion for innovation and character development.
- Work for Creative Director and with Art Director to create a consistent narrative vision for game universe, characters and plot line for the specific game story being told
- Identify key narrative pillars and then champion and arbitrate narrative vision throughout game creation
- Research backgrounds of locales, peoples and cultures encompassed by the game and denizens thereof
- Establish narrative goals for key characters and moments in the game
- Develop unique voices and understand personal motivations for characters and player historically and over the course of the game
- Own core story and dialogue creation, both through individual contribution and directing Writers and Narrative Designers towards its creation
- Work with designers and programmers to establish how implementing compelling narrative and cinematic moments will be created and implemented in the game
- Manage input from and feedback with key stakeholders such as Creative Director, Project Director and, where applicable, IP holders
- Develop and support extra-game IP, dialogue, and narrative needs for internal or external presentations and marketing materials, including online and on-camera interviews and Q&As
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships and Sourcing, Voice Director and Audio Director to drive casting, VO and performance capture sessions
- Provide feedback during VO and performance captures sessions to adhere to narrative vision
- Build content strategy and build roadmap for deliverables, maintaining a clear line of communication and updates across all internal stakeholders to keep on track
- Work with Art Director to create a consistent visual style for the story, world and character
- Partner closely with design, tech and other departments to ensure an efficient and effective game development process
- 10+ years of design experience in PC/console gaming, with at least 5 years’ experience building and managing narrative
- BA in Creative Writing, English Literature, or related
- Must have experience in full development cycle with at least 3 shipped games
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to clearly convey and translate concepts into narrative design
- Proven experience constructing immersive worlds and strong, complex characters
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category.