Skydance Interactive is looking for a talented leader to add to our animation team. The lead animator will be well-versed in all aspects of animation development, from cinematic cut-scenes to character and vehicle animation. We are especially looking for someone with a keen technical acumen and experience in character rigging. We believe small, focused, close-knit teams can move mountains, and strong but collaborative creative leadership is a key to that success.
- Experience rigging and animating in Maya
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical animation
- Experience giving both positive and negative feedback in a constructive way that achieves artistic and technical goals while maintaining team morale
- 3 + years experience in the game industry with at least one shipped title as Lead Animator
- Able to work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and migration across engines
- Work collaboratively with designers and engineers on a daily basis
- Strong demo reel showcasing your most recent work
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Matinee strongly preferred
- Experience with rigging characters in 3DS Max
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc)
- Experience working on projects in VR
- BA, BFA or an equivalent professional certification
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.