Systems Software Engineer
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Our Halo Infinite team is looking for an engaged, passionate systems software engineer with prior experience in game development to join our expanding team. Participating as a key member to the systems team, this individual will have a major impact on many player experiences within the game.
- Collaborate with a team to help build new game features
- Take ownership of systems-related software engineering challenges
- Guide, mentor, and contribute to the feedback process to improve the development team and our relationship with our partners
- Provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to engineering leads and project managers
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Advanced knowledge of C++ programming
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in game development
- Experience shipping at least one AAA game title
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture best practices
- Audio systems programming experience
- Network multiplayer experience
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience developing highly multithreaded game engines
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at our website.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.