SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and more. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Animator to join our team, working on Original IP. By joining in the early stages of this project, your skillset, and creative input will be instrumental in the vision of our game. We encourage real ownership within our teams, giving members the space to express and expand their own originality. If gameplay animation is your passion, and fresh ideas stoke your creativity, we encourage you to apply.
- Create a library of high-quality animations using hand-keyed creations.
- Work proactively and collaboratively to improve animation pipelines.
- Maintain a consistent understanding of technical gameplay animation systems for AAA game standards.
- Contribute to maintaining a supportive and creative work environment.
- Problem-solve and plan out animation results for optimal gameplay output.
- Provide feedback on the overall animation look and feel of the project using previs techniques.
- 4+ years experience working in games as a gameplay animator on AAA titles.
- Solid understanding of animation fundamentals and creation/manipulation of both keyframe and mocap data.
- Experienced working on a variety of locomotion and attacks.
- Strong experience using Maya and animation tools.
- Proven proactive and organized work style, with emphasis on communication.
- Experience working on genres such as third-person action/adventure or third-person shooters.
- Experience as a lead, unofficial lead, or point-of-contact for a professional animation team.
- Experience with early animation pipelines.
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel with their resume will be considered for the role.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.