QA Tester | Minecraft
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a QA Tester to work on mobile projects within the Minecraft universe! The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of game testing principles and techniques and a thorough understanding of software development cycles.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract, eligible for benefits and a possible extension.
- Test in a variety of areas including features, stability, functionality, compatibility, guidelines, etc.
- Compose daily and weekly reports
- Own all or part of the testing efforts
- Provide thorough documentation on tools and processes
- Communicate feedback effectively, both verbally and in writing in an embedded environment
- 6 months to 1 year's worth of experience in QA testing within the games industry
- Console AND/OR mobile game testing experience with at least one shipped title
- Proven understanding of game testing principles and techniques
- Strong knowledge of software development cycles
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Ability to write test plans within specific deadlines
- Familiarity with various development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to deliver constructive feedback effectively
- Mobile game testing experience
- Fluency in Mandarin
Please note, only those with professional game experience will be considered for this role.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.