Junior Game Researcher & Wiki Editor
We’re a small team building a skin tracker site, and we’re looking to hire a few people passionate about gaming and ready to help us build a truly useful service, a hub that will provide players what they’re looking for in terms of skins and cosmetic items. It’s an entry/junior level vacancy with a trial period of 1-2 months, full-time (we can be flexible, but 30+ hours a week is a must). There is room for growth here and opportunities to fill other positions with higher responsibility are to be expected later on, as our service gets more traction. (Our project in the works is called Skins.co, it's powered by EXCORP.GG , the company behind CS.MONEY, SCOPE.GG and EXTREMUM E-sports team).
- Creating (following instructions and templates we have in place) and keeping up to date databases of items, cases, loot boxes, battle passes, seasons, skins and various cosmetic items in popular online games
- Searching for missing data on skins and items in open sources, like 3rd party sites, community-made spreadsheets, or researching games manually by playing them
- Planning your schedule and adding new games to the site in a timely manner, in collaboration with a small team of developers who can help you along the way by parsing information from open sources
- Google sheets/Excel - rather advanced knowledge, you can use formulas such as CONCATENATE, REGEX, SUMIF e.t.c. (Do not worry, we are willing to teach you those, if you haven’t got much experience with these, but you need to be a quick learner)
- English - no lower than intermediate (but native/advanced English skills / writing skills are a bonus, it means you can perform additional, more creative tasks for extra payment)
- Gaming experience at least in a couple of popular genres like MOBA, FPS, Battle Royale e.t.c and willingness to quickly study new games, at least on a per-project basis. Learning the basics of a new game and adding a fully-functional database on it to our site usually takes about 3-4 working weeks.
- (optional) Experience working on Wiki/Fandom/Skin tracker sites is really welcome, you’ll know our workflow already. Another job that may have given you a similar experience and skill set is that of a game dev involved with in-game balance.
- (optional) We really welcome students who study programming, maths e.t.c. analytical mind and approach to optimize the workflow proactively is even better than following our instructions.
Apply by writing to the email address attached to the Apply button, make sure to include the following information - your CV (name, location, working experience, if any), amount of hours per week/your preferred working schedule and salary expectations within the amounts set in this post, and more importantly - what games do you enjoy playing and know really well at this point. Provide at least one additional means of contacting you, such as your Telegram or Discord handle, and I'll contact you as soon as I can with a small test assignment (which we can pay for if you do it well, it will help you understand all the main tasks you'll be performing and see if it's up your alley or not).