(Closed) User Acquisition Manager
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
- Own new product/game launches to enable and optimize 8-figure monthly marketing budgets
- Make recommendations to improve the player experience based on analysis
- Create and own weekly report sent to leadership on initiatives and progress
- Support hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of junior teams members to aid in team success
- Interface with content and sales teams to keep a prioritized list of upcoming games and product launches
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis, preferably in marketing, consulting, or product development
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate analytical frameworks or techniques
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
- Nice-to-have: SQL experience, MBA, and advanced degree