Strategic Sourcing & Contract Manager
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking For
Skillz Strategic Sourcing & Contract Manager will help support all internal stakeholders with their purchasing requirements. This role will drive stakeholder engagement and compliance throughout the procurement process ensuring projects align with corporate goals, procurement policy, and drive the most value-added benefits for the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to cultivate strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand and develop long term business strategies and efficiencies. This resource should have great organizational skills and project management capabilities, able to self-motivate, be very process oriented, with a collaborative mindset and a focus on driving return on investment. This role is part of our FP&A department, will report directly to the Head of Procurement, and will be responsible for supporting stakeholders across the organization from Engineering to Finance & Operations.
What You Will Do
- Support Skillz approach to and execution of strategic sourcing: identifying spend opportunities, running sourcing events, leading negotiation, and driving targeted cost reduction and compliance processes; strategizing with internal stakeholders to meet their purchasing needs while prioritizing ROI, cost efficiency, and the best value solutions.
- Lead Negotiations for key contracts and Manage strategic vendor relationships
- Manage projects from intake to execution ensuring stakeholder compliance throughout the procurement process and within policy
- Drive standardization of delivery and activities to provide efficient service.
- Lead multiple work streams and/or project teams to execute against project plans.
- Proactively manage relationships and expectations with internal and external stakeholders, including influencing at various levels of the organization.
- Manage the CEO weekly deal review process for strategic projects
- Promote, manage and deliver the continuous improvement of project activities and delivery focused on process, tools, and programs.
- Provide thought leadership and perspective on P2P relative to industry best practices.
- MBA or JD Preferred, B.S. in Finance, Economics, pre-law or related field
- 7 - 9+ years experience in strategic sourcing and contract negotiations
- Desired Certifications
- Specific skills
- Contract review expertise
- Negotiation experience
- Project Management
- Personal characteristics
- Process oriented
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Detail oriented
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.