(Closed) Senior Test Automation Engineer
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and maintain functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests using Ruby
- Analyze and strategically improve current QA practices to provide high quality and scalable testing solutions
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to resolve issues as they’re discovered
- Work closely with 1 or more development teams to test the full stack of the product
- Qualify major and minor releases to production
- Maintain CI pipeline and test data sets
- Build a world class tournament system for mobile games
- Mentor and coach fellow engineers, through code reviews and brainstorming sessions
- 5+ years of relevant experience writing test automation scripts in tools such as Selenium, Appium
- Abnormal love for learning with a can-do attitude
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming principles
- Strong understanding of automated and manual software testing principles
- Demonstrated ability to execute and improve upon existing QA processes and workflows
- Knowledge and experience with GIT or other SCM required
- Experience using defect tracking solutions (such as JIRA) required
- Experience with CI tools. Preferably Jenkins
- Excellent written / verbal communication
- Exposure to Rest API testing is a plus
- Experience with TestRail a plus