Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for an engineer to join our awesome Web Services team. As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll help build our next generation web applications for internal teams and/or external customers. We are constantly evolving our technology stack and want your contribution. Come join the Web Services team!
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to design, plan, prototype and implement new and exciting features
- Own new features from planning to deployment using Ruby on Rails, TypeScript and ReactJS
- Bring our web applications to the next level by staying up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Participate in technology and architecture design decisions
- 4+ year experience with software development
- 2+ year experience with full-stack web development
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails, or other backend API frameworks
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with end to end automation frameworks like Cypress and Selenium
- Knowledge of frontend tools like Webpack and Babel
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 12 paid holidays + 3 days between Christmas and New Years
- 15 days paid vacation, plus additional days based on tenure, up to 20 days.
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave (12 weeks) and fertility benefits
- Well-being programs (meditation, online fitness membership etc)
- 401(K) plans with employer match
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition. The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.