Senior Full Stack Engineer
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and team members to design, plan, prototype and implement new and exciting features
- Own new features from planning to deployment using Ruby on Rails, TypeScript and ReactJS
- Participate in and advance our agile environment through sprint planning, scrums and retrospective meetings
- Work with the team for constant improvement in our code base and system performance.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues
- Participate in technology and architecture design decisions
- Maintain software engineering best practices such as code standards
- 4+ year of software development experience
- Experience using or creating RESTful APIs
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda) is a plus
- Experience with ReactJS is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.