(Closed) Senior Account Executive
Skillz is the largest mobile platform that matches players around the world in fair competition for real prizes. The company helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties.
Hundreds of millions of people play and compete with others in mobile games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue. Skillz works with 20,000+ game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments for 30 million mobile players worldwide.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as theNational Football League’s investment arm, 32 Equity. The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. .
Who we’re looking for:
You are a veteran in the games industry, and are looking to bring revolutionary change to the games industry - making every mobile game an esport. You will be responsible for our most valuable relationships and accounts. You will be part of the core sales team, reporting to the VP Sales. You are trusted and known in the industry, are a strong advocate for developers, and carry an entrepreneurial drive. You have a strong track record of delivering results month over month, quarter over quarter.
- Your key objective is to prospect and sign new mobile game developers onto the Skillz platform
- Navigate complex business development deal cycles with large enterprise organizations
- Develop meaningful relationships with decision makers and influencers within the games industry
- Be effective at presenting, objection handling, and offering solutions
- Become an expert with the Skillz platform, mobile gaming at large, how the two interplay and how Skillz enhances gaming for players and game developers
- Communicate effectively with prospects via phone, email and in-person
- Have a high skill level of legal and contract proficiency
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- 5-10 years professional experience in sales, ideally for a technology company
- Preference for backgrounds in Game Services: Monetization, Advertising, Analytics, Platform, Game Engine, Business Intelligence, SDK, Rewards
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.