(Closed) Sales Operations Manager
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking For:
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for a driven and process oriented Sales Operations Manager to help bring ESports to everyone! This role will play a crucial role in supporting the growth of Skillz and is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategic planning, sales operations, finance, and business analytics – requiring a mix of strategy, go-to-market design, market analysis, sales optimization, and business operational support.
What You Will Do:
- Perform Analyses of business performance to drive business impact.
- Lead operational efforts to support a fast growing go-to-market team
- Guide Skillz’s future growth through planning cycles, resource management, and strategy.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the leadership team to identify unique revenue and content opportunities.
- 6+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valuable work experience in using quantitative analyses to drive meaningful business results.
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Work experience in consulting or strategy/business operations is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Excel strongly preferred
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.