(Closed) Sales Operations Manager
Skillz is the largest mobile platform that matches players around the world in fair competition for real prizes. The company helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties.
Hundreds of millions of people play and compete with others in mobile games, but the majority of game developers struggle to achieve break-through success due to rising customer acquisition costs and diluted discovery in the app stores. Skillz is changing the game by giving developers the platform, tools and support services to achieve higher player engagement, retention and revenue. Skillz works with 20,000+ game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 2 billion tournaments for 30 million mobile players worldwide.
Skillz is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings, as well as the National Football League’s investment arm, 32 Equity. The company has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
As our Sales Operations Manager, you will be in charge of architecting and administering our critical business systems and processes. You will be the primary owner of both our Salesforce instance as well as overall business process for our sales team, and ensure both are properly positioned to scale. You are a Salesforce expert, and know how to build a revenue technology stack that optimizes both workflow and reporting efficiency. You excel at manipulating large data sets, and are skilled at listening to the requests of business stakeholders then thinking one step ahead of their stated needs. And most important of all, you are a business problem solver capable of merging technical abilities, analytical prowess, and business intuition.
- Architect, administer, and optimize our Salesforce and Marketo instances
- Construct data models across systems to maximize utility and data integrity
- Use Process Builder, workflow rules, and Flow to move data between objects and automate the system
- Gather feedback and requirements from end business users, then use our systems to turn their process vision into a reality
- Build reports, dashboards, and systems to increase the efficiency of our management teams
- Own data integrity and adoption, making sure data is reliable and consistently entered
- Support end users through documentation, training, and troubleshooting
- Build seamless alignment between our sales and marketing teams through integrated systems
- Measure performance and impact of both marketing and sales programs
- Construct sales territories and quotas
- Design marketing attribution to ensure accurate campaign level reporting
- Operationalize sales support functions to best enable our sales team and our customers
- 2+ years of Salesforce administrator experience
- 1+ years of Marketo administrator experience
- Expert at integrating multiple business systems and ensuring data moves accurately between them
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient working with large data sets in Excel and using them to manipulate Salesforce data
- Familiarity with Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce certification (ADM 201 or higher) and Marketo certification (MCE) preferred
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.