(Closed) Sales Development Representative
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device. Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide. This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America . The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who We’re Looking For
You are exceptionally hardworking, innovative, and want to help us scale our business by identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts. You’ll be managing the inbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunities with our prospective game studio accounts. In this role, you’ll get first-hand training, learning about all aspects of the sales cycle, while helping us communicate the value of Skillz directly to our customers. You are ambitious, hungry and smart, and you want to work with a company that’s as high potential as you are.
Our Enterprise Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are the first point of contact for our game studio customers. SDRs demonstrate high levels of professionalism and Skillz product knowledge. They are creative, passionate, and collaborative. Day to day responsibilities include reaching out to game studio leads, qualifying and routing them to Account Executives, and tracking data that will help optimize our sales efforts.
This role is for entry-level talent looking to launch their career in software sales. If you are a strong communicator and have a knack for getting thing done, Skillz is the place for you to launch your sales career!
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop a healthy pipeline of game studio client prospects
- Actively hunt and prospect for new game studio customers
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
- Follow up on a high volume of new leads in a rapid manner
- Maintain accurate pipeline information and help the Skillz product team to better understand market, customer and sales team feedback
- At least 1 year of professional experience in lead generation ideally for a technology company
- Prior successful sales or lead qualification experience is a plus but not necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to overcome objections
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Detailed oriented, interested in games, and has a competitive spirit
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Experience in Salesforce (CRM) is a plus