Sales Development Representative
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For
You are exceptionally hardworking, innovative, and want to help us scale our business by identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts. You’ll be managing the inbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunities with our prospective game studio accounts. In this role, you’ll get first-hand training, learning about all aspects of the sales cycle, while helping us communicate the value of Skillz directly to our customers. You are ambitious, hungry and smart, and you want to work with a company that’s as high potential as you are.
Our Enterprise Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are the first point of contact for our game studio customers. SDRs demonstrate high levels of professionalism and Skillz product knowledge. They are creative, passionate, and collaborative. Day to day responsibilities include reaching out to game studio leads, qualifying and routing them to Account Executives, and tracking data that will help optimize our sales efforts.
This role is for entry-level talent looking to launch their career in software sales. If you are a strong communicator and have a knack for getting thing done, Skillz is the place for you to launch your sales career!
Roles And Responsibilities
- Develop a healthy pipeline of game studio client prospects
- Actively hunt and prospect for new game studio customers
- Use Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
- Follow up on a high volume of new leads in a rapid manner
- Maintain accurate pipeline information and help the Skillz product team to better understand market, customer and sales team feedback
- At least 1 year of professional experience in lead generation ideally for a technology company
- Prior successful sales or lead qualification experience is a plus but not necessary
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to overcome objections
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Detailed oriented, interested in games, and has a competitive spirit
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Experience in Salesforce (CRM) is a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.