Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
You are the ultimate people person and can relate to anyone that sits next to you. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where you may be juggling multiple tasks at once but always get the job done. You are tech savvy, can identify talent and qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. You like to learn about different roles and departments within our organization so that you can relate to anyone that interviews with our company.
What You Will Do
- Assist in scheduling interviews with hiring managers and candidates
- Help move direct applicants through the pipeline and help Recruiters identify top talent
- Help manage candidate flow through our applicant tracking systems
- Provide a fast and memorable experience for every candidate that has interaction with Skillz
- Assist with diversity related projects within Recruiting
- Participate in daily meetings to discuss top priority jobs, current candidate pipelines and interviews that are being facilitated
- Degree from a four year college or university
- 2 years of recruiting coordination experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with both internal members at Skillz, as well as external candidates being recruited into the organization
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in an agile environment
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly that you aren’t familiar with (i.e. Google Docs, Google Drive, Applicant Tracking Systems)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status