QA Automation Engineer
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, execute and debug automated test cases and scripts for our UI and API
- Analyze and strategically improve current QA practices to provide high quality and scalable testing solutions
- Find and document bugs, defects, and regressions for complex features
- Validate and document completion of testing and development
- Work closely with one or more Product and Engineering development teams to test the full stack of our products
- Verify fixes to Qualify major and minor releases to production
- Maintain CI pipeline and test data sets
- Mentor and coach fellow engineers, through code reviews and brainstorming sessions
- Build a world-class tournament system for mobile games
- 2+ years of relevant experience writing test automation scripts for both UI and APIs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Strong understanding of automated software testing principles in an agile model
- Demonstrated ability to execute and improve upon existing QA processes and workflows
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies and apply them to your job and team
- Knowledge and experience with Git or other SCM required
- Experience using defect tracking solutions required (JIRA)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with HTTP/Web application testing
- Excellent written / verbal communication
- Experience with performance test scripts a plus (Gatling)
- Experience with TestRail a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.