Project Manager, Game Pods
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who We're Looking For
You are a highly-organized, enthusiastic project manager with exceptional communication skills and a demonstrable talent for project management. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency make you squeal with glee. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What You'll Do
- Organize/manage schedules and deliverables for cross-functional pods in support of some of the most successful games on the Skillz platform
- Act as the key contact for the team and drive comms/alignment between internal departments
- Partner with Pod leads to drive team focus around key areas of opportunity and engage with subject matter experts to enable effective execution of functional tasks
- Work with Account Managers & internal teams to help development partners solve any active issues as they arise
- Contribute to the ongoing success of key titles by supporting live game operations, analytics, creative/marketing refinement, and system experimentation
- Operate admin tools to ensure that partner games are properly configured, support sandbox testing efforts, and ensure that game tuning/update releases consistently follow best-practices
- Shepherd enterprise games though Skillz process flow for things like prize-enablement, publishing to Games.Skillz.com, playtesting, integrations support, QA, etc.
- Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- Track and coordinating key initiatives within the team to enable clear
- 2+ year of work experience in Project Management or Producer roles
- Four year degree (or a great reason why you don't have one)
- Past experience in mobile game live operations or development is a plus
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute within a high-pressure environment
- Adaptable to changing project requirements and business needs
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, encourage, persuade, increase cooperation and reduce tension among team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with Gantt charts, Atlassian, and other project management tools