Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What we’re looking for:
- Act as a key point of contact for programmatic analytics, reporting, & billing
- Manage programmatic tools, maintaining partner connections to the centralized programmatic reporting interface, ensuring data quality, and accuracy
- Develop source data, pull trends, monitor revenue performance, & present findings to media buying and executive teams
- Evaluate and analyze performance data regularly across all programmatic partners and various ad stacks
- Create analysis, reporting, and models to support advertising decisions
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting and analysis of auction bidding insights
- Execute hoc requests as needed
What you'll bring:
- Experience in programmatic, yield, or operations
- At least 1 years hands-on experience in working with programmatic metrics (bid density reports, win & response rates, etc.)
- Data science and/or data analysis background
- High proficiency in Excel with the ability to analyze, summarize and manipulate large volumes of data
- Proficiency with SQL and Tableau
- Previous knowledge with analytics and data interpretation
- Knowledge of ad serving platforms and DMP, DSP and SSP platform architecture a plus
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights
- Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail
- An excellent communicator, ability to distill key ideas for a non-mathematical audience
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and successful teamwork and collaboration
- Experience in mobile advertising a plus