(Closed) Office Manager
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Who we’re looking for:
Are you someone that can think quick on your feet and can always be two steps ahead of the game? If so, this position might just be your calling. Skillz is looking for someone who is able to overlook the daily operations of our San Francisco office and use their outgoing personality to keep the office in clean shape and functional. We need a person who can ensure that this office is running smoothly at all times and that there is continuously a productive environment.
- Oversee general office management in line with policies and procedures as defined by Skillz
- Ensure a professional yet pleasant work environment
- Handle any issues at hand and escalate as needed
- Order office supplies and provide excellent administrative support for the San Francisco office
- Set-up office equipment for all new employees
- Assist any visitors that have appointments at the office
- Handle any and all aspects of office reconfiguration
- Sign for, receive, and deliver all packages and assist with shipping packages
- Answer phone calls
- Help organize any office events (i.e., happy hours, celebrations, weekley kick off/ wrap up meetings)
- Assist recruiting and executives with scheduling
- Handle and book travel accommodations
- Flexible working schedule to answer important emails and attend to any issues as required
- Prior administrative work experience and preferably in a similar work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Great energy, outgoing personality, and well mannered on the phone
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel/Word, Google, and other online interfaces
- Ability to promote a positive organizational culture
- Very detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong project management abilities and time management skills
- When necessary, can make sound decisions without direct supervision
- Ability to work well with a team and develop good rapport at all levels of the company
- BA/BS degree is preferred