(Closed) Manager, Consumer Insights
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
With our rapidly expanding playerbase, Skillz is looking to build out our first dedicated Consumer Insights team. This role will be the head of the team, an accomplished leader looking to expand the function over time. If you have a passion for telling consumer stories, conducting user surveys, running experience testing, and just generally digging into what makes for a happy consumer, come help us achieve our mission of eSports for Everyone!
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute against a vision for the future of Consumer Insights at Skillz
- Work closely with the Product Development and Analytics/UA teams to provide valuable user data, fueling both feature and ad development
- Measure user experience, satisfaction, and NPS throughout the player lifecycle to identify opportunity and risk for the larger organization
- Translate business questions into actionable testing with measurable, replicable results
- Work alongside the larger Customer Advocacy team as a proponent for player needs and wants
- 3+ years experience in a Consumer Insights function
- Previous experience building and managing small teams
- Proven thought leader with a strong knowledge of surveying, testing, and profiling best practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals, and give insight on industry trends
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, ideally with emphasis on Consumer Behavior or similar focus
- Familiarity with and history in gaming and eSports industries a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.