(Closed) Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What You Will Do
- Own the email, push notification, in-app, and direct mail piece of the Skillz player retention strategy across all system titles
- Manage the creation and execution of email marketing campaigns; integrate and develop marketing tools to automate successful campaigns
- Create original content with an aim to engage players throughout their Skillz journey, driving retention, reactivation, cross-sell, and up-sell ROI targets
- Drive and optimize key departmental metrics including CTR, open rate, engagement, and revenue
- Interpret data, analyze results, and develop reports, dashboards, and business insights to monitor the performance of the lifecycle marketing program
- Work with Product Development to provide feature development insight in line with player learnings
- Partner with the larger marketing team to drive monthly revenue with VIP-focused engagement and growth initiatives
- Solicit, categorize, and circulate qualitative feedback from players through the NPS program, identifying possible areas of improvement
- Manage all marketing communications to Skillz Players, developing a consistent tone, brand, cadence, and format
- Liaise with Customer Advocacy to ensure a top notch Player Support experience
- Hire, train, and develop a small retention-focused content team
- 5+ years Lifecycle/Retention Marketing experience in software, video gaming, real money gaming, SDK and/or mobile
- 3+ years of management experience with a proven history of developing talent
- Understanding of HTML, AWS, image editing/asset creation, and a history of creative email design
- Proven ability to turn large amounts of raw data into actionable intelligence, with a specific history of A/B testing content
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field
- Excellent written communication skills, with an emphasis on customer retention
- Passion for video games and the people who play them
- Experience developing and running a consumer VIP program a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.