Head of Marketing Operations
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
The Marketing department is looking for a strategic leader with deep knowledge and experience building and scaling marketing operations to include campaign development, creative process management, forecasting and planning, and leading research and analytics of the full suite of marketing activities. This role requires a mature professional with the ability to work at all levels of the organization to synchronize efforts across functions and disciplines within Skillz, our agency partners, and future global constituents. It is essential you have demonstrated ability in designing and building teams and the associated best practices for optimizing team performance and efficiencies.
The Head of Marketing Operations partners with and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
The right candidate will play a critical role in the next phase of Skillz’s development of a world-class marketing organization with global reach and scale.
- Design, build, and scale the Marketing Operations function
- Evaluate current tools and systems; make recommendations and implement enhancements
- Lead forecasting and planning operations for the marketing team; partnering with marketing leadership to set quarterly and annual plans across functions to deliver department level plan
- Establish and lead process and cadence for evaluating performance and reporting against spend; make strategic budget recommendations to meet plan
- Lead vendor selection and contract management for external partners
- 15+ years in global marketing operations
- Demonstrated track record of building and scaling cross-functional organizations
- Deep knowledge of the marketing campaign process from idea to production
- Experience in a senior management position, directly managing teams of at least 10+
- Passionate about creating structure and processes that support the development of amazing work in a creative environment
- Forward thinking and the ability to foster innovation and creativity
- Extraordinary communication and relationship skills
- Ability to keep large teams focused on common goals
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.