Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
As an Executive Recruiter, you will develop search strategies and lead engagements to position Skillz for success today and well into the future. You will have the drive, motivation and passion to disrupt the talent landscape and deliver incredible customer and candidate experience. You will find, interview and evaluate talent to align with Skillz Leadership hiring needs.
What you'll do:
- Help identify, source and screen technical and non-technical leadership candidates
- Utilize recruiting tools and social media platforms to identify talent for leadership requirements
- Help manage candidate flow through our in-house tracking systems. (Familiarity Greenhouse is a plus)
- Work directly with the Leadership and above hiring managers to help qualify and fill strategic leadership staffing needs
- Produce detailed reporting around recruiting metrics and industry benchmarks
- Provide a fast and diligent experience for every candidate from the application stage to the on-boarding process
- Participate in daily meetings to discuss top priority jobs and current candidate pipelines
- 10+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- 2+ years of experience searching for Executive/Leadership positions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build relationships with both internal members at Skillz, as well as external candidates being recruited into the organization
- Ability to partner with HR as well as senior management to draw up job descriptions, negotiate and close offers
- Experience recruiting in a fast-paced environment, preferably a start-up
- Agency recruiting experience (a mix of agency and corporate would be ideal)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in an agile environment
- Ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly if you don’t know it already (e.g., google docs, google drive, applicant tracking systems)
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status