(Closed) Customer Support Operations Manager (Night Shift)
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who We’re Looking For
Are you passionate about providing a great culture for your co-workers and reports? Do you thrive on ensuring operations run smoothly? Are you passionate about providing exceptional experience to your customers? We’re looking for someone to oversee the night shift at our Las Vegas office and help us build out the future of competition in our newest location.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Manage a cross functional customer focused team of professionals ensuring productivity and alignment
- Ensure adequate staffing to achieve SLA targets
- Manage day to day operations of the night shift
- Weekly 1:1s with team members
- Handle escalated customer interactions, assist in creating customer advocacy policy
- Ensure a safe and supportive working environment
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of Customer Support or contact/call center experience, ideally in a tech field
- Experience with payments or fraud prevention a plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to disseminate information effectively across shifts and locations
- Proven culture builder
- Passionate about providing an exceptional work environment
- Shift flexibility, some day time meetings required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status or disability status.