(Closed) Customer Support Agent, Risk
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you like helping people with interesting and sensitive concerns? Are you perceptive and motivated? We need someone to respond to player inquiries regarding payments, fraud and cheating. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring our players have a fun and safe experience and has an investigative mindset and exceptional attention to detail.
The Skillz Player Support team is looking for a Fraud and Fairplay Associate to work with our users to maximize customer engagement, retention, and satisfaction. You’ll play a key role in broadening and deepening the company’s relationship with our customers. Responsibilities will include:
What You Will Do:
- Respond to player questions and concerns in the Payment and Fairplay queues
- Process fraud and cheating alerts
- Perform account reviews in order to catch suspicious behavior
- Assist Payment and Fairplay Supervisors as necessary
- Investigate reported players and take appropriate action
- Escalate issues/bugs as needed to appropriate party
- Back up main Player Support queue as needed/time allows
- 1 to 2 years of support or payments experience
- Experience working with a ticketing system such as ZenDesk
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams
- Problem solving ability (creativity, technical rigor)
- Excellent understanding of all major Skillz games, ability to learn new games quickly
- Investigative mindset and eye for detail. Must be able to identify anomalies and non normal behavior in transactions, accounts and gameplay.
- Show empathy and have the ability to help players with their issues, but know when to say no and shut down bad player behavior
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.