(Closed) Customer Success Manager
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Who we’re looking for:
Due to a rapidly growing demand for our products and services, we are looking to expand our Customer Success team by hiring smart, energetic, passionate and empathetic Customer Success Managers who want to make a real impact on the success of our company.
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for proactively onboarding and successfully managing clients through their 1st, and subsequent, game integration experiences with Skillz. Specific areas of focus for this role include the following:
- Map developers goals with the best practice game services from Skillz to ensure an optimized path to success.
- Onboarding, optimizing, launching and growing the the developer’s game footprint on the Skillz network.
- Be accountable for customer satisfaction, product adoption, and other key usage metrics that lead to greater retention.
- Communicate system updates and releases, ensuring client enacts changes based on need and interest
- Ensure the streamlining of information and work flows between customers and other teams (Sales, Game Design, Engineering, Product,, Marketing, Support and Executive leads) to complete client goals and, in general, to be the voice of the customer to provide visibility and/or escalations.
- Conduct product training and demonstrations for customers where required to help them achieve their goals.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client during the integration effort and drive continued value of our products and services.
- 5+ years of gaming and/or related SaaS/High Tech industry experience successfully managing and expanding customer success initiatives.
- Consultative selling and customer relationship management experience focusing on Enterprise B2B and B2B2C customer segment
- Significant experience in engaging and facilitating dialogue with C-level and senior executives in SMB organizations
- Success in working in a “fast paced” environment leveraging using tools like Salesforce.com and formal sales methodologies like Miller Heiman/SPIN
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) that are leveraged to address complex business issues and opportunities
- Experience based “Issue Resolution” skills that facilitate dialogue across all levels of a business including the C-suite
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.