(Closed) Creative Strategist
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking for:
We’re looking for a bold advertiser to help build our in-house creative agency. As part of an accomplished team, your job will be to combine data-driven insights with your passion to tell compelling and effective stories. We work fast and have fun doing so. Every day is a rewarding creative challenge, which is why we need a talented individual. We need someone who never runs out of ideas and can push our advertising capabilities to new heights while understanding that performance is always priority number one.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with copywriters, art directors, video editors, and media buyers to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns
- Write clear and insightful briefs that inspire team members to create exceptional work
- Produce a never-ending supply of inventive new creative concepts
- Leverage data to improve marketing effectiveness
- Lead internal creative brainstorms
- Develop best practices for creatives in User Acquisition
- Degree from a four-year college or university
- 2-4 years of relevant experience - preferably as an Art Director, Copywriter, or Strategist at a creative agency
- A proven track record with a background in multiple creative disciplines
- A passionate and empathetic storyteller with the ability to understand the needs of consumers and target audiences
- On top of the latest creative advertising and social media trends
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in performance marketing is preferred but not required