(Closed) Creative Director
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a proven Creative Director to join our in-house creative advertising team. Your main role will be to own the creative performance of one game and to direct and inspire the creative vision of a copywriter and art director team. You should excel at using data to drive creative excellence while keeping creative quality high and on brand.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategy: Define and develop the strategic creative direction of 1+ game
- Excellence: Plan, create, and execute award-winning advertising that delivers on brand and business goals
- Content: Deliver distinctive ideas across all direct response channels
- Team: Mentor, develop, and inspire a copywriter-art direction team
- Science: Leverage data to guide development and improve performance
- 7+ years of relevant advertising experience, 3+ of which as a CD managing teams
- 4+ years of performance marketing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the design and creative advertising processes
- A passionate storyteller who believes that great stories change hearts and minds
- BA or advanced degree from leading institution preferred