(Closed) Associate Content Specialist
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What We’re Looking For:
This position is currently a fully remote, 12-mo contract with potential for growth. Work remote from anywhere!
Support the execution of Live Ops and our exciting and robust player-facing initiatives, collect data, and execute new campaigns based on player learnings. You will join a dedicated team passionate about quality and delivering excellence in player marketing. Deploy email campaigns (basic HTML understanding is a must), schedule push notifications, develop art assets (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or similar program strongly suggested), and write copy.
What You Will Do:
- Design game and campaign-based artwork for multiple marketing channels.
- Write compelling copy to engage our players in exciting events and special offers.
- Edit HTML-based email for seasonal, ad hoc, and weekly campaign deploys.
- Schedule and deploy highly-visible campaigns with a focus on player-first accuracy.
- Maintain high quality work and attention to detail in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Develop copy and art assets based on the full lifecycle of a player: entering the game, fostering confidence in play, encouraging in-app spend, cultivating player engagement, and re-engaging lapsed or soon-to-lapse players.
- Outstanding creative writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, and/or InDesign
- Beginning to intermediate knowledge of HTML
- Process-oriented with a high attention to detail
- A high level of creativity, attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 2-5 years of experience in professional organization performing similar duties
- Experience in the gaming industry a plus
About Your Team:
We offer a robust training program to get you up-to-speed with 7, 30, and 90 day goals to challenge and engage you. We never get bored with so many thrilling initiatives to bring to our amazing player-base. Your team thrives in a fast-paced environment in which everyone is cross-trained to step in for one another in a pinch. We execute new and innovative campaigns every week, and everyone’s voice is heard. This is the entrance into the gaming industry you’ve been looking for!
Play your (future) teammates’ favorite Skillz Mobile Games to get to know us better: Blackout Blitz | CandyPrize | Bubble Shooter Arena | Mushroom Wars 2 Arena
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.