We are recruiting for new and exciting roles as part of a new UK based esports initiative, SIS Competitive Gaming, that is kicking off from September 2020.
As an organisation we have over 30 years’ experience in producing high quality sports content & channels as well as distributing sports content to platforms worldwide. In 2018, we leveraged our production expertise to create engaging and entertaining esports events & content from studios in Las Vegas and are building on the success of those efforts now, here in the UK.
SIS Competitive Gaming will host offline tournaments, currently consisting of head-to-head matches for NBA2K20 in our Milton Keynes studio towards the end of September and run for approximately 3 months, with plans to continue on a full-time basis when the project goes 24/7.
Events will run Monday – Friday, 07:00 to 15:00 BST and be broadcast live to our global customer base, so this is a great opportunity to earn some money and get your name out there!
SIS is a leading supplier of betting services to UK and international betting companies, recently we successfully launched an innovative esports betting product. The Competitive Gaming Referee is accountable for the successful delivery of esports tournaments at SIS as part of its Competitive Gaming product.
The role will require participants to work in line with ESIC regulations, working with stakeholders and providing support on the day-to-day running of the tournaments.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of creating, organising and managing end to end both offline and online tournaments. A key element of the role will be the management of gamers and professional oversight of tournament matches.
Operating in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this role will demand flexibility and creativity, together with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivery.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to Competitive Gaming Operations Manager. The role will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day to day basis. As such a high level of interpersonal skills will be very advantageous.
Location: Milton Keynes
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Guiding and aiding player requests on site when required
- Ensuring adherence to Integrity standards, including undertaking training, monitoring and education as required
- GDPR Compliance including undertaking training and monitoring
- Ensure the tournament is run in a timely manner and to schedule
- Provide first-hand technical support where required
- Creation and updating of supporting documentation, including scores and stats reporting
- Enforcement of competition rulebook, propose changes regularly to the line manager as when necessary
- Enforcement of applicable integrity rules & processes between gamers
- Instil & leverage ESIC best practices for event & player integrity
Skills and Experience
- Proven and reliable tournament referee
- Proven experience of working with gamers both online and offline
- Expertise in esports tournaments
- Good knowledge of the esports industry and trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Betting Industry (both Digital and Retail preferred)
- Proficient with MS Office and G Suite
- Provide a best in class level of customer service in terms of delivery and support to both internal and external customers.
- Supporting the Competitive Gaming Operations Manager with scheduling and player handling.
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team across split UK locations.
- Instil a culture of individual accountability and ownership within the team.
- Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others
- Always displays positive attitudes and behaviours
- Is proud to represent our brand and culture, and promotes our values
- Develops and builds effective relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Strives to support and maintain a harmonious workplace
- Identifies new ideas and processes.
- Is committed to continuous personal development.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance
- Ensures that the best interests of SIS are always upheld
- Operates within the legal and regulatory framework.
- Upholds and always promotes the Company’s values
This job description is intended to be an indication of the scope of the role. In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.