We are recruiting for new and exciting roles as part of a new UK based esports initiative, SIS Competitive Gaming, that is kicking off from September 2020.
As an organisation we have over 30 years’ experience in producing high quality sports content & channels as well as distributing sports content to platforms worldwide. In 2018, we leveraged our production expertise to create engaging and entertaining esports events & content from studios in Las Vegas and are building on the success of those efforts now, here in the UK.
SIS Competitive Gaming will host offline tournaments, currently consisting of head-to-head matches for NBA2K20 in our Milton Keynes studio towards the end of September and run for approximately 3 months, with plans to continue on a full-time basis when the project goes 24/7.
Events will run Monday – Friday, 07:00 to 15:00 BST and be broadcast live to our global customer base, so this is a great opportunity to earn some money and get your name out there!
SIS is a leading supplier of betting services to UK and international betting companies, recently we successfully launched an innovative esports betting product. The Competitive Gaming Commentator/Caster is accountable for the successful delivery of the games and players knowledge on the live broadcasts to the audience.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of esports broadcasting and video games. A key element in this role will be to have excellent communications skills and to always keep up to date with video game strategies, meta and the players within the league to create an engaging broadcast.
Operating in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this role will demand flexibility and creativity, together with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivery.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to Competitive Gaming Operations Manager. The role will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day to day basis.
Location: Milton Keynes
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Game Knowledge and Development
- Commentating NBA2K20 matches to provide insight and entertainment to viewers
- Keep up to date with video game broadcasting terminology
- Keep up to date with video games and their metagame developments
- Be able to research and develop skills in any new video game products ready for live broadcast.
Live Broadcast Performance
- Provide key knowledge on players as they progress through the league and keeping up to date with their core skills and practices.
- Be able to provide entertaining and thorough knowledge to keep non-endemic customers engaged during gameplay
Skills and Experience
- Proven and reliable esports commentator/caster
- Proven experience of working within a broadcasting team of multiple disciplines
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplined teams, in a variety of locations, involved in the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Knowledge of Betting Industry (both Digital and Retail preferred)
- Knowledge of sports betting and understanding of odds and prices
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Knowledge of NBA2K20
- Provide a best in class level of customer service in terms of delivery and support to both internal and external customers
- Comprehends the importance of changing technology trends to the media and entertainment business and can discuss this with the customer in a productive fashion
- Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others
- Always displays positive attitudes and behaviours
- Is proud to represent our brand and culture, and promotes our values
- Develops and builds effective relationships with customers and colleagues alike
- Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties.
- Strives to support and maintain a harmonious workplace
- Identifies new ideas and processes.
- Is committed to continuous personal development.
- Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance
- Ensures that the best interests of SIS are always upheld
- Operates within the legal and regulatory framework.
- Upholds and always promotes the Company’s values
This job description is intended to be an indication of the scope of the role. In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.