Competitive Gaming Deputy Operations Manager
SIS has been a leading supplier of betting services to UK and international betting companies for over 30 years. Last year we successfully launched an innovative esports betting product via our subsidiary 49CG. Due to the rapid expansion of this initiative a new role of Deputy Operations Manager has been created. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved at the ground level of an enterprise demonstrating exponential growth with further significant development planned over the next 18 months.
The Deputy Operations Manager will be responsible for delivering esports tournaments and improving operations by working with stakeholders across the business, including Production, Marketing and Product. This role will be responsible for a challenging and diverse range of tasks supporting the smooth running of the day to day operation, and to ensure the best quality product is broadcast to the end customer.
Operating in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this role will demand flexibility and creativity, together with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivery. You must be motivated by the challenge of managing a team of talented operational staff to successfully deliver and build a culture of continuous improvement, whilst having fun and celebrating success.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Competitive Gaming Operations Manager.
The role has line management responsibility Gamers, Shoutcasters and Referees. The incumbent will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day to day basis.
- Management of Gamers, Referees and Shoutcasters
- Ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures including Prizing & Incentive processes
- Ensuring adherence to Integrity standards, including undertaking training and monitoring and educating and training the events teams as required
- GDPR (Data Protection) Compliance including undertaking training and monitoring
- Undertake investigations, disciplinaries, performance management, absence management and any other employee relation matters (with support from HR)
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of talent
- Ensuring adherence, monitoring and regular review of the competition rulebooks.
- Enforcement of applicable integrity rules & processes between gamers, trading and in software if relevant
- Instil & leverage ESIC best practices for event & player integrity
- Execute competitions in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Management of event schedules/rosters in consultation with CG Operations
- Endure compliance of events to competition format to meet 49CG competitive requirements
- Event production: producing events as specified by line manager, in collaboration with Broadcast team
- Flexibility to develop and understand (and cover if required) the key skills required to run an efficient operation. Training will be given where required
- Communicate with internal and external clients to develop and ensure a smooth delivery of services to the customer, as well as ensuring effective communication to clients & operations teams on on-air issues.
- Provide a best in class level of customer service in terms of delivery and support to both internal and external customers.
- Comprehends the importance of changing technology trends to the media and entertainment business and can discuss this with the customer in a productive fashion.
- Supporting the Operations Managers as operational liaison with all other departments within the company, particularly Trading Operations, Finance, Technology Operations, and Product Proposition.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team
- Instil a culture of individual accountability and ownership within the team.
- Proven & reliable operations manager with rostering experience/understanding
- Line management experience, with demonstrable capability of handling performance and absence issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplined teams, in a variety of locations, involved in the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload efficiently
- Results driven with a focus on the key inputs to deliver the desired results
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and the trends within it
- Knowledge and experience of organising and managing end to end tournaments, events and broadcasts both offline and online
- Expertise in esports tournament organising, including format and schedule creation
- Esports events operations management experience
- Experience of working with Gamers, Shoutcasters and Referees
- Knowledge of Betting Industry (both Digital and Retail preferred)