Senior Technical Animator
We’re a game development team based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences. We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Technical Animator to help define and build the key technologies and workflows that will allow us to achieve the ambitious visual and content production targets we have for our first game.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and maintain in-game animation systems to bridge the gap between animation, engineering and design
- Help mentor and train others on the team in your areas of expertise
- Identify, plan for, and solve technical problems across the development timeline
- Help hire and onboard additional artists to the team
- Adaptable and willing to flex in a variety of ways to help the team
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of UE4 animation systems and state machines
- Cutting edge knowledge of technical art trends and techniques
- Experienced in character and facial rigging
- Able to write clean and extensible code. Either Python or Mel
- Motivated by and is a strong advocate for a collaborative work environment
- Experience working on AAA games
- Animation experience, the ability to speak “animation”
- Experience in C++
- Experience and interest creating Stylized or 3rd person games
- Familiarity with network replication
- Los Angeles, CA
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
- Job Vertical
- PC and Console Games
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.