Forge alternate worlds that deepen players' lives! We're a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
We’re looking for a Mid or Senior Character Artist to join the Palia team! As a Character Artist, you will have a key role in bringing the characters, costumes, and creatures throughout the world to life. We're looking for someone who is passionate about stylized character design and can bring them to a AAA level of quality!
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Sculpt, model and texture stylized characters, costumes & creatures.
- Assist in continuing to optimize the character pipeline to create an efficient and scalable workflow.
- Push the visual bar as high as possible while still always putting the end player experience first.
- Work in collaboration with our outsourcing partners to enable quality asset generation.
- 3+ years of games industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in shape design and anatomy fit for a stylized third person pc / console game.
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Motivated by creating great games & a passionate gamer on your own time
- Proficient in Zbrush, Maya, 3ds Max, & Substance Painter
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Professional experience working in Unreal 4
- Personal or Professional experience developing stylized characters
- Experience working as a Character Artist on a shipped AAA game
- Experience working on Character Customization systems
- On-site in Los Angeles, CA (once back in office) unless noted above
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
- PC and Console Games
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.