Build & Release Engineer
Forge alternate worlds that deepen players' lives! We're a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
Continuously deliver Palia to players. That’s the mission and you’re the one to help us get there. As the first dedicated Release Engineer, you’ll be partnering with senior leadership and team members across S6 to set the foundation for future success.
Note: This position is open to fully remote candidates.
As our first dedicated build and release engineer, you’ll partner with our infrastructure team to assess and level up our CI/CD and release pipelines. You’ll develop and operate release tools for other development teams to leverage. You’ll partner with engineers and QA to improve our testing infrastructure. An early focus will be on our game client and server build pipeline currently using UE4’s build tools, Perforce and Jenkins.
- You have 3 or more years of experience on a build or release oriented team responsible for maintaining a build farm for a studio or development firm.
- You have expertise in continuous integration and continuous delivery practices. You’ve read Jez Humble’s book or perhaps attended a Jenkins World event.
- You can write reliable, performant code in at least one programming language. We’re mostly a C++, Rust and Python shop, though any programming experience is applicable.
- You are motivated by helping other developers and team members be more effective and efficient. You’re a great teacher and a good listener.
- On-site in Los Angeles, CA (once back in office) unless noted above
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
- PC and Console Games
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.