Forge alternate worlds that deepen players' lives! We're a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences.
We’re looking for a talented 3D Environment Artist, with a keen attention to detail and a passion for environmental storytelling to help bring the world of our first game to life.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Create environments from whitebox to final shipping quality
- Worldbuild a variety of areas within the game with an eye for aesthetics, narrative, and the gameplay purposes of the area
- 1+ years of games industry experience working as an Environment Artist
- Experience with PBR material pipeline and lighting
- Ability to balance 3D aesthetic with in game performance and optimization
- Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
- Motivated by creating great games, and a passionate gamer on your own time
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Create in-game environment art that effectively expresses our art style
- Professional experience working in Unreal 4
- Portfolio showcasing a breadth of stylized art
- Other disciplines such as shader development, character modeling, effects, procedural asset creation a huge plus
- On-site in Los Angeles, CA (once back in office) unless noted above
- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching, and Equity
- Relocation Assistance
- PC and Console Games
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive and community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.