Silent Games is a game development studio with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. Based in the heart of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, we’re building a studio with an aim to foster an open, transparent relationship with our players that will allow us to create high quality Double A games for years to come. If this sounds like something that appeals to you, then check out our roles below or get in touch with a speculative application!
Due to COVID-19, we will respecting government guidelines, therefore you may be required to start working remotely as necessary until the restrictions are lifted.
We’re looking for a Game Designer to join Silent Games, a Double A game development studio based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a focus on RPG games that give players a sense of autonomy, mastery and purpose. As a Game Designer you'll be joining our team at the early stages of development and will be working with our Game Director to help shape a variety of game play systems and mechanics.
- Create high quality design documentation for a variety of systems
- Iterate and refine implemented design mechanics
- Document and share best practices with team members
- Collaborate with all disciplines to ensure best design solutions are implemented effectively
- Work within Unreal Engine 4 to implement/tweak gameplay systems and features
- Excellent knowledge of RPG systems and mechanics
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with other disciplines such as 3D art, animation and programming
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to work on RPG games with asynchronous multiplayer